GO #WILD4SALMON CHALLENGE
take the plunge to protect wild salmon
Dive into 2018 by taking the plunge to protect wild salmon. A frontlines fundraiser to make 2018 the year that fish farms are removed from the ocean, and wild salmon and coastal communities are once again able to thrive.
Show support and solidarity for the Cleansing Our Waters and Swanson Island fish farm occupations to remove ocean salmon farms from the unceded collective territory of the Musgamagw Dzawada’enuxw, Mamalilikala and Namgis nations.
January 1st, 2018, the Go #Wild4Salmon Challenge is kicking off. Consider doing a Wild4Salmon swim instead of a Polar Bear Swim this year, and get your friends to take the plunge with you.
The Go #Wild4Salmon Challenge will run through 2018 as a way to provide continued support for the Cleansing Our Waters and Swanson Island fish farm occupation.
2018 GO #WILD4SALMON CHALLENGE GUIDELINES
Much like the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge, the Go #Wild4Salmon Challenge is a way to support and show solidarity for the Musgamagw Dzawada'enuxw Cleansing Our Waters and Swanson Island campaigns to remove open net-pen fish farms from the ocean.
HOW TO TAKE THE PLUNGE:
Grab some wild salmon loving friends and find the nearest and coldest body of water near you.
- Record your #WFS Plunge (or enlist a friend to film it), and be sure to include the following in the video:
- Your name
- What you are doing (the 2018 Go #Wild4Salmon Challenge)
- You are supporting the Cleansing Our Waters occupation to remove fish farms from the ocean to protect wild salmon.
- Challenge 3 of your friends to take the WFS Plunge Challenge within 48 hours, or else they have to donate $50 to the cause to skip the plunge.
- Post your plunge video to social media, making sure you:
- Tag the 3 friends you are challenging and link to the guidelines so they know how to participate
- Use the hashtags #wild4salmon #2018wild4salmonplunge #cleansingourwaters
- Tag @cleansingourwaters & @awinakolawarriors on Instagram and @fishfarmsgetout & @GETTHEFISHFARMSOUT on Facebook so we can see your support.
- Donate any amount to the Cleansing Our Waters campaign! Every dollar counts. The funds will be used for:
- Logistical costs (boat fuel, food, supplies, etc.) to occupy and monitor fish farms in Musgamagw Dzawada’enuxw, Mamalilikala and Namgis territory in the Broughton Archipelago.
- Legal costs associated with the fish farm occupation
- Beginning January 1st, 2018 - you don't have to wait to be challenged to take the plunge. Go #Wild4Salmon and then challenge your friends!
- If you are challenged to Go #Wild4Salmon, you can either donate a minimum of $50.00 to the cause and skip the plunge, or else, accept the challenge and jump in the nearest and coldest body of water near you, then donate an amount of your choosing (from $1 - infinity) to the cause.
- Once you’ve been challenged, you have 48 hours to jump in the nearest ocean, river, lake, or watering hole near you. Clothing optional. Making signs to show your support of wild salmon is encouraged!
Let's make 2018 the year of wild salmon, where the rivers are full and the oceans are fish farm free.