When deciding on the best above ground pool to buy, you can be overwhelmed with varieties of options in the market. With that, choosing the right pool can become confusing.
Owning an above ground pool is no longer a big deal. And with several pool brands available in the marketplace, we’re here to help you make the right choice for your summer needs.
Firstly, why should you purchase an above ground pool?
Table of Contents
- Why purchase an above ground pool?
- Top 10 Best Above Ground Pools for You in 2019
- 1. Intex Swimming Pool- Easy Set, 8ft.X30in
- 2. Intex 14ft X 42in Ultra Frame Pool Set
- 3. Intex 12ft X 30in Metal Frame Pool Set
- 4. Bestway Steel Pro 12′ X 30″ Frame Pool Set
- 5. Intex 32ft X 16ft X 52in Ultra Frame Rectangular Pool Set
- 6. Intex 24ft X 12ft X 52in Ultra Frame Rectangular Pool Set
- 7. INTEX 15ft X 42in Prism Frame Pool Set With Filter Pump, Ladder, Ground Cloth & Pool Cover
- 8. Summer Waves10’x30 Metal Frame Pool With Skimmer Plus Filter System
- 9. Splash Pools Oval Deluxe Pool Package, 30-Feet By 15-Feet By 52-Inch
- 10. Coleman-22-X52-Power-Steel- Frame above ground Swimming Pool Set
- Buying Guide
- What To Consider Before Buying An above ground Pool?
- How To Maintain An above ground Pool?
- Above Ground Pool FAQ’s
Why purchase an above ground pool?
If you want a pool that can accommodate your family, but you’re on a budget, then above ground pool is your ideal choice. Although above ground pools are less costly than the in-ground pools, they are expertly built to be functional and last longer.
Different layouts and models
above ground pools come in different sizes, materials, and shapes. That way, you have full control over the size, cost, layouts, and style of your dream pool.
Simple to install
Setting up and installing an above ground pool is simple and takes a few days to fully complete. The in-ground pool usually takes weeks or months to complete.
Simple to maintain
Manufacturers design the above ground pools in a way that makes them simple to maintain. They require little chemicals and minimal upkeep, saving you both money and time.
Top 10 Best Above Ground Pools for You in 2019
Below are the top 10 above ground pools. We carefully selected these products based on their benefits, features, services, prices, and warranties.
1. Intex Swimming Pool- Easy Set, 8ft.X30in
Are you looking for a fashionable and excellent pool that you can easily install, maintain, and store? Check out Intex Swimming Pool- Easy Set, 8ft.x30in. It is one of the popular small pools. Intex Swimming Pool is affordable, making them perfect for a family of 4. You can easily disassemble and move the pool around- deflate, dry them off, pack, and then store.
The pool features durable sidewalls which makes them last longer. However, this above ground pool doesn’t come with a ground cloth, filter pump, and pool cover.
- Easy to set up and dismantle
- Strong, durable sidewalls
- High quality at an affordable price
- Available in different sizes
- The inflatable ring may leak.
- May last for only two sessions, or at most three sessions
- Doesn’t come with pool cover and ground cloth
2. Intex 14ft X 42in Ultra Frame Pool Set
The Intex 14ft X 42in Ultra Frame Pool Set is an ideal option for a small group of up to 4 people. Unlike the Intex 8ft.x30in, this model comes with necessary items such as a detachable ladder, ground cloth, debris cover, and a filtration pump. The pool is made with a sturdy steel frame which prevents rust damage. The wide legs of the frame keep the pool a little more stable on softer surfaces. However, it may take a few people to set up the pool faster.
- Comes in different sizes
- Highly durable
- An ideal option for the saltwater sanitation system because of its rust-resistance
- Not advisable to set up on inclined grounds
- Can be a bit expensive
3. Intex 12ft X 30in Metal Frame Pool Set
Do you want a pool that you can set up and install easily? You may want to have a look at the Intex 12ft X 30in Metal Frame Pool Set.
The pool comes with many add-ons that allows you to install and maintain it easily. Intex 12ft X 30in Metal Frame Pool Set is an ideal pool for small families to catch fun and chill under the hot summer heat.
It features a sturdy, durable steel frame which manufacturers coat with powder to look aesthetically pleasing and prevent rust damage. The robust design of the pool makes it possible to accommodate the saltwater sanitation system.
- Comes in varieties of size based on your preference
- Highly Sturdy and durable
- Easy to maintain and assemble
- May require special care to prevent puncture
- Has no pool cover
- The filtration pump is less durable
4. Bestway Steel Pro 12′ X 30″ Frame Pool Set
Bestway Steel Pro 12′ x 30″ Frame Pool Set is manufactured using high quality, rust resistant steel frame frames attached with safety clips and “T” connectors for injury prevention. While the pool set doesn’t come with a ladder, its height is tall enough to allow you to enter the pool quickly.
The pool size is perfectly suitable for a family of 4. However, we don’t recommend swimming inside. This pool is an affordable, cost-effective option coming from Bestway.
- High quality and rust-resistant steel frames
- Easily assemble
- Comes at an affordable price
- Must buy a debris cover separately
- It’s essential to maintain the filtration system especially
5. Intex 32ft X 16ft X 52in Ultra Frame Rectangular Pool Set
Do you want a durable pool set to occupy your spacious backyard? Check out the Intex 32ft X 16ft X 52in Ultra Frame Rectangular Pool Set. The 32 by 16 ft frame is the biggest and largest of the Intex series. Its rectangular shape is not just aesthetically pleasing but also allows you to swim laps inside.
Featuring a durable, rust-resistant steel frame, this series from Intex is specifically built to last for years. Manufacturers made the side walls with extra-tough PVC materials that will never leak or tear.
The complete kit also features other accessories like a cover, ground cloth, ladder, maintenance kit, and filtration pump.
- The perfect option for ample space and many groups of people
- Features Steel frame for stability
- The kit comes with debris cover and ground cloth
- Durable and can last for years
- Can be difficult to assemble
- Some users complain of the removable ladder being shaky
- Filtration may not filter many water
6. Intex 24ft X 12ft X 52in Ultra Frame Rectangular Pool Set
Are you on a budget and would love to have fun inside a full-sized swimming pool? Have a look at the Intex Ultra Frame pools.
The pool is one of the intex’s bestsellers which are relatively easy to set up. The size is ideal for swimming just as with the larger version. It is coated with powder steel frames for durability and to last for many years. The complete kit comes with basic add-ons such as a cover, ground cloth, filtration pump, and a ladder.
- An excellent option for a large group of people or family
- Coated with powder steel frames to prevent rust damage
- Durable and can last for years
- The quality of the ladder is questionable.
7. INTEX 15ft X 42in Prism Frame Pool Set With Filter Pump, Ladder, Ground Cloth & Pool Cover
INTEX 15ft X 42in Prism Frame Pool Set comes with everything you need to relax and have fun on a hot summer day. At a competitive price, the product packs lots of complimentary goodies.
If you’re looking for a large, easy to install and an affordable above ground pool, you should check out the Intex Prism Frame Pool Set. We highly recommend the product for its price and quality.
- Durable, sturdy, and build to last for long
- Filter Pump improves water circulation, clarity, and filtration
- Boast of many add-ons such as ladder pool cover, filter pump, ground cloth, and DVD guide
- Highly competitive price
- Simple to set up
- May require a stronger sand filter
8. Summer Waves10’x30 Metal Frame Pool With Skimmer Plus Filter System
Looking for a perfect sized pool where your kids can splash around on summer days? Have a look at the Summer Waves 10’x30’ Metal frame pool. The 10-foot pool Combines a durable design with a long-lasting feature.
The filter system and a skimmer make it easy to maintain, keeping the water sparkling clean throughout summer. The easy installation, durable construction, and simple maintenance make this above ground pool an ideal option for new pool users.
- Durable construction
- Easy to install and assemble (in less than 20 minutes)
- Features filter system and skimmer
- Best for kids
- Putting on and removing the debris cover can be difficult
9. Splash Pools Oval Deluxe Pool Package, 30-Feet By 15-Feet By 52-Inch
This is the best above ground pool for you if you’re looking for a family-sized, durable, and heavy-duty constructed pool. The sturdy and durable construction of the Splash Pools Oval Deluxe Pool gives it a feel and look of a high-quality swimming pool at an affordable price.
With several add-ons that accompany the tool kit, this is the perfect large size pool for the family. However, you’ll need a professional for installation.
- Made with excellent, sturdy materials including galvanized steel and resin
- Features skimmer, motor, pump, and resin ladder
- Heavy-duty construction to last longer
- 15 years warranty and lifetime support
- May require a professional to install
10. Coleman-22-X52-Power-Steel- Frame above ground Swimming Pool Set
Coleman-22-x52-Power-Steel- Frame above ground Swimming Pool is an ideal option for large-sized groups of people or families. The complete pool kit comes with different add-ons, making it easier to install and maintain.
The large-sized pool is affordable, especially for its size and add-ons. However, some users have complained of quality issues relating to its construction.
- Features different add-ons such as a ladder, filter pump, cover, filter, and maintenance kit
- Designed for durability
- Easy to maintain
- May face problem of rust damage
- Questionable quality of materials used
What To Consider Before Buying An above ground Pool?
After reviewing the best 10 above ground pools, let us help you decide which one is the right choice for you. Below are factors to consider in an above ground pool before you make your choice.
Choosing the right size of the pool can make your experience a lot easier and more relaxing. It can be hard to maintain a huge pool, plus it consumed money and time.
A too-small pool won’t be fun to use. Apart from the pool size, you must also consider the excavation size before installing an above ground pool. Having a mental idea of the number of people who may likely use the pool can also help you decide what size of the pool to buy.
Although size is more important than shape, it is something to consider. An above ground pool typical comes in 3 different shapes: circle, oval, and rectangle. Pick your choice based on preference.
The type of Material
This is a very significant factor to consider. The kind of material you choose plays a huge role in the longevity of your pool.
A good quality material would save you the stress of repair and maintenance. Some of the high-quality material mostly used in above ground pools includes PVC, aluminum, soft vinyl, resin, and stainless steel.
Always choose pools with bundle deals because they can be highly cost-effective. Spending an extra money on an above ground pool that features all the necessary goodies is not a bad idea. Equipment like ground cloths, pool ladder, debris covers, and filter pumps are crucial parts of an above ground pool that can be costly if you buy them separately.
Price usually plays a considerable role during a buying decision. There are many options and brands available, which makes it easier to make a price comparison. Always buy according to your budget and maintenance budget. However, most expensive pools are usually high-quality while some cheaper pools also do a wonderful job.
We’ll advise you to choose a famous brand when making your buying decision. That’s because most popular brands have a better warranty and support than upcoming brands. Furthermore, these brands usually have cheaper and always-available spare part, which make their product easy to maintain.
How To Maintain An above ground Pool?
Maintaining an above ground pool requires effort. However, the effort is worth it, most importantly during summer days when you can cool off and relax with the family in the hot summer sun. Below are tips on how to keep safe and healthy pool water.
- Clean the Pump & Filter regularly
The pump and filter are like the engine room of an above ground pool and the system responsible for clean pool water. Adjust the eyeball jets to channel a circular motion of water. That way, algae and bacteria will never develop. Regularly cleaning the filter would keep your pool water sparkling clean.
- Brush & Vacuum regularly
Some areas of a pool have little or even no water circulation. These areas may become habitats for algae and contaminants development. Therefore, the floors and sidewalls of the pools must be regularly brushed and vacuumed to keep the water sparkling clean.
- Always test waters
It’s essential to monitor and check pool water consistently. You can do that with the help of a digital test strip reader. These devices can test your waters PH level and sanitizers. Keeping the right level of PH and sanitization is proper to know that you’re using clean pool water.
- Use Chlorine Tablets
Using chlorine tablets can help regulate the sanitization level of your pool. You can easily keep them in a floater, feeder, or a skimmer for frequent sanitization.
- Apply Shock Treatment
Debris and contaminants will develop in pool water after prolonged use, resulting in skin and eye irritation. In such a situation, use the shock treatment to destroy contaminants which prevent the chlorine from effectively keeping the water clean. Always shock treat your pool water weekly to keep it clear.
Above Ground Pool FAQ’s
While you might be tempted to buy an above ground pool before summer, we’ll advise you to purchase them after summer, around September. It’ll also save you money.
The pool water circulation process allows the pool water to experience a circular motion to avoid the settling down of algae and contaminants.
It is crucial to place your above ground pool on level ground, or else the whole structure may collapse.
Inarguably, above ground pools are a lot safer for kids than in-ground pools. The high entry point prevents pets and kids from accidentally or intentionally falling into the pool.
Pools generally require maintenance. However, the amount of money and time invested in the upkeep varies. Smaller pools are easily maintained, unlike the larger ones.
Above ground pools are the perfect choice for beginner pool owners because it is more affordable and easier to install. There are several options available, and you can freely make your decision based on an hour budget.
All of the best above ground pools reviewed in our guide are high quality and excellence in term of durability and affordability. In the end, it all comes down to personal needs and preferences. We hope our guide has been able to assist in your buying decision. Good luck, and enjoy your summer.